At The Organic Skin Co., we believe that true beauty is about more than the way you look and feel (although these things are important, of course they are!), it’s also about the way you interact with the world around you. It’s our aim to play a part in this; to offer you products which help you in your desire to do good: not only by yourself, but by the people around you, by the creatures who share our world, and by the planet too.
And yes, we know! That’s quite some statement – ‘Our products help you do good.’ Here’s 5 ways in which we back it up:
- Every time you purchase one of our products, we plant a tree on your behalf. This is not only vitally important for our environment, you should also know that our partners – Eden Reforestations – help, and are helped in turn, by indigenous communities worldwide, with villagers from these communities working side by side with Eden to help plant trees and regenerate forests.
- Whenever you use one of our products, you’re helping fight the good fight against the beauty industry’s number one problem – excessive waste. More than 120 billion units of packaging are produced globally every year by the cosmetics industry, most of it non-recyclable, and contributing to the loss of 18 million acres of forest annually. We’re working hard to help overcome this. Our packaging is recyclable, and we’re constantly refining our sustainable, refillable packaging systems to help support the environment and minimize waste (our customizable makeup palettes, for example, are all refillable, and we’re rolling out our pods in sustainable, pulp packaging).
- All our products are cruelty free. You can use them safe in the knowledge that you’re helping to protect animals, not exploit them. Our certified organic ingredients play a part in this. They’re a guarantee that the plants and herbs we use in our formulations have not been exposed to synthetic, chemical herbicides or pesticides – toxic products which leach into the environment and do great damage to the delicate ecology that animals are so dependent on for their survival.
- We’re a makeup company, which means we use mica in some of our products. But you can rest easy knowing that you’re supporting ethical work practices. We have a zero-tolerance policy towards child labor being used for mica mining and source our mica only from vendors who work with accredited NGOs and suppliers.
- Every time you use our products, you’re helping to support community farms in India, where we source many of our organic ingredients. This is vitally important, as these farms are helping revitalize rural towns and villages throughout India; small communities whose very lifestyle has previously been threatened by the overuse of chemical pesticides and fertilizers.